When you receive an offer for your San Jose property, there are many decisions to make and details to consider. We will help you evaluate the quality of the offer, negotiate the terms and ensure a smooth transaction. There are many things to consider when evaluating a real estate offer in San Jose. Here are just a few of the many ways we will assist you through this important process:
• Be at your side when the offer is presented.
• Request information about the buyer’s background, intentions and qualifications.
• Ensure that the buyer is knowledgeable about available financing alternatives.
• Thoroughly review the contract and ensure that you understand all the details.
• Guide you through key stages of the process: contingencies, inspections, disclosures, escrow, buyer financing, and any unusual terms and costs.
• Negotiate the sales price and terms that are most advantageous to you.
• Provide you with information about recent market activity.
• Provide you with specific information about local, state and federal requirements that affect the sale of property. These requirements may include state codes such as: Transfer Disclosure Statement, Smoke Detectors Compliance, Environmental Hazards Disclosure; and Federal requirements such as: The Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) and Lead Paint Hazard Reduction Act.
You may also wish to consult your attorney or tax advisor during the sales process. We will always present you with all the facts at our disposal and offer our educated personal opinion, but the final decision to accept, reject or counter an offer is yours.
Please contact us to help you evaluate any real estate offer on your San Jose property.