The Villages San Jose Golf and Country Club is the only dedicated Active Adult community in San Jose and it’s gated too. Built around an award winning 18 hole golf course, there are condos, villas and single family homes in 13 individual villages. The land area is 1.187 square miles and the zip code is 95135. This is a unique lifestyle for residents no matter if you want to play golf or not. If you prefer take a hike along the walking trails. There are several miles to explore on 550 acres of open space, and an elevation climb to get a great work out.
Keep reading to learn what other amenities are here.
It’s the perfect location for a senior community, located in the rolling hills of the Evergreen area of San Jose, south west and away from the city bustle, yet close to all amenities you’ll need.
Here’s a little about each of The Villages
- Village Cribari – Building started in 1967. There are 576 condos (villas) with an average size of 1,233 square feet. This was the first of The Villages to be built.
- Village Montgomery – Built in 1971. There are 351 villas with an average size of 1,20 square feet.
- Village Hermosa – Built in 1975. 196 villas and 74 single family homes. Average size 1,286 square feet.
- Village Heights – Built in 1978. There are 72 villas with average size of 1,584 square feet.
- Village Verano – Built in 1980. 207 villas with an average square footage of 1,578.
- Village del Lago – Built in 1985 encompassing 174 villas of average size 1,522 square feet.
- Village Highland – Built in 1987. Offering 210 villas and 49 single family homes, average size is 1,650 square feet.
- Village Glen Arden – Built in 1989. 120 Villas with an average of 1,800 square feet.
- Village Olivas and The Estates. Built in 1992 The Estates is inside Village Olivas, They have 207 villas and 75 single family homes respectively.
- Village Fairway – Built in 1996. The smallest village there are just 22 villas here with an average size of 1,557 square feet.
- Village Sonata – Built in 1998. 102 Villas with an average size of 1,770 square feet.
- Village Valle Vista – Built in 1999. The last of The Villages to be built. Also the largest units. There are 72 with an average of 2,165 square feet.
Gallery Featured Homes For Sale in The Villages Golf & Country Club
More About The Villages San Jose Lifestyle
If golf is what you would like to play, look no farther than the 72 par course designed by architect Robert Muir Graves. Each of the 18 holes has four tee-offs for skills of all levels. For beginners try the 9 hole course, all 3 par holes, or use to fine tune your skills, maybe get a quick round in before dinner.
The Villages clubhouse is located on the corner of Villages Parkway and Fairway Drive. Behind the clubhouse is the short 9 golf course as well as the tee off for the main course. The final hole, the 18th is also behind the club next to the driving range.
Equestrian Center – If you’ve got horses or love to ride, The Villages has an in community equestrian center. You can board your horse and take advantage of the 10 miles of trails.
There are plenty of other sports and learning activities available. Try woodwork, some gardening, visit the library or if you want to keep fit, there’s no need to pay to join a center, use The Villages gym, membership is included in your HOA as a resident. There’s plenty of cardio and weight lifting equipment. Outside we’ve got tennis and swimming.
This established community is also a haven for wildlife and birds. Don’t be surprised to spot the deer, ducks, squirrels and birds taking advantage of this beautiful place too.
Features of Homes In This Senior Community
- Rolling Hills
- Lush Green Landscaping
- Mountain and City Views
- Golf Course Views
- Equestrian Stables and Riding Paths
- 550 Acres Outdoor Leisure Space
- Homes sizes – 947 Sq Ft to 2,514
- 1 – 3 bedrooms, or 2 plus den
- Carports or Garages
- Many choices, either single level living or two story
- Low rise buildings blend with landscaping
Every homeowner’s HOA fee, paid to the association, provides residents with the following:
- Operating costs and reserves for The Villages
- Golf/Country Club membership (18 hole and 9 hole courses, driving range)
- 4 swimming and hydro-massage pools
- Tennis courts (6)
- Bocce courts (2)
- Comcast Cable TV (expanded package)
- 4 community centers
- Maintenance of private roads
- 24-hour Public Safety service
- 550 acres of open space with hiking trails
- Common area gardening/landscape service
- Exterior and street lighting
- Building maintenance—roof repair, building maintenance and exterior painting (Association only)
- Trash collection
- Property, commercial general liability insurance, and earthquake coverage
- Full-time property management
- Pest control
The Villages San Jose HOA fees are dependent on the size and type of home you buy here.